Secretary (Daily Occasional)
Are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity supporting the day-to-day office functions in a school?
The Avon Maitland District School Board is seeking individuals who are passionate about providing efficient clerical and secretarial support to maintain the smooth operation of a school office.
The school secretary serves as a liaison with the Administration, staff, students and community as the first point of contact. They provide expertise and support for the student information system (ASPEN) and staff absence management system (Smartfind Express) while supporting the day to day operations in the school.
- One year college level certificate or diploma in office administration or related field of study and/or equivalent experience working in an office setting
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel in a Windows XP computer environment
- Working knowledge of GSuite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to acquire skills in Board specific programs e.g. ASPEN, Smartfind Express
- Access to a reliable method of transportation and ability to attend specific schools
- Availability to accept assignments on a casual basis during the day and with short notice.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of Work: Call-in basis, Monday - Friday from September to June
Rate of Pay: $19.45 per hour + vacation pay
How to Apply?
- Register/Login to amdsb.simplication.com
- Search Jobs
- Job Code: 3529575
- Select “Apply”
If you require assistance with amdsb.simplication.com, please call Simplication customer service at 1-877-900-5627.
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Avon Maitland District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.
Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the contact information (email address and/or phone number) provided on the applicant’s amdsb.simplication.com profile page.
The Avon Maitland District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the diversity of the community we serve, who will foster the success and well-being of our students and who demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in the classroom.