Technical Resource Assistant (TRA) (Daily Occasional)
Are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity as a key team member of a school, supporting the organization and management of learning resources?
The Avon Maitland District School Board is seeking solution-oriented individuals that enjoy working with others to find optimal learning resources for both students and staff.
Resource Centre Support
- Support staff and students in the library
- Assist with library orientation for students under the direction of the classroom teacher
- Maintain the library circulation system that facilitates searching, cataloging, inventory control and patron information
- Maintain a schedule of library and technology bookings
- Maintain physical organization of library resources including but not limited to processing new resources, shelving books, weeding and repairing resources
- Provide support for ordering books or supplies, coordinating volunteer schedules for volunteer students and parents working in the library/resource area
- Assist with promotional activities (book fairs) during regular working hours
- May be assigned to supervise library or computer lab during non-instructional time
Student and Staff Support
- Assist with student logins and passwords as required
- Assist in the use of technology to support resource-based learning
- Work with individual and/or small groups of students under the direction of a teacher to provide technical support and support with library resources
- Under the direction of the principal, support and promote all Board Administrative Procedures and Guidelines to support and promote digital citizenship appropriate student behaviour in accordance with school code of conduct
- Provide support and perform duties in the areas of resource-based learning and computer literacy
- Provide first response troubleshooting for minor technical issues of school technology including, but not limited to, computers, printers, photocopiers, interactive panel technologies, printers, iPads, Chromebooks and escalate issues to IT staff where appropriate
- Maintain new generation learning (NGL) agreements and collect NGL devices at year-end as directed by IT staff
- Under the direction of IT staff, may assist with troubleshooting standard wireless connectivity Issues
- Create and monitor IT work orders for student technology and school devices
Other Related Duties
- May include lifting and moving computer equipment and peripherals, book orders, etc.
- May assist with equipment set-up for meeting and assemblies
- May assist with updating daily information for display on school TV monitors, school website and social media sites, year-end slide show
- One year college level diploma or certificate, such as Micro-computer Software Applications Certificate Program, plus up to six months related experience; or a combination of experience, education and training that is considered equivalent;
- Proven computer literacy, minor computer maintenance and troubleshooting skills;
- The capacity to work independently, problem-solve and multi-task in a busy environment;
- Proven professional, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Access to a reliable method of transportation and ability to attend specific schools
- Availability to accept assignments on a casual basis during the day and with short notice
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of Work: Call-in basis, Monday - Friday from September to June
Daily Rate: $19.45 per hour + vacation pay
Interested applicants are requested to apply through amdsb.simplication.com (steps are below) and include three supervisory references.
How to Apply?
- Register/Login to amdsb.simplication.com
- Search Job
- Job Code: 3586092
- Select “Apply”
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Avon Maitland District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the contact information (email address and/or phone number) provided on the applicant’s amdsb.simplication.com profile page.