Teacher (Elementary) - Qualified, Occasional
Location: AMDSB Elementary Schools [Stratford, St.Mary’s, Milverton, Listowel, Goderich, Exeter, Wingham]
Start Date: Immediate
Work Schedule: 10 Months/year (September - June) as required
Benefits of working as an Elementary Occasional Teacher with the Avon Maitland District School Board:
- Experience teaching students in grades K through 8;
- Flexible work, choose to work when it fits with your schedule;
- Opportunity to work in a Board where collaboration, inclusion, and innovation are fostered;
- Variety of work, our Elementary Occasional Teachers have the opportunity to work at a variety of schools across Perth & Huron Counties
The AMDSB is currently seeking teachers for our Elementary Occasional Teacher list. Elementary Occasional Teachers work in a variety of schools throughout the AMDSB Region (Perth and Huron Counties).
Whether you are seeking the flexibility provided by occasional teaching or opportunities to move into long-term assignments or permanent teaching positions, joining the Elementary Occasional Teaching list is a great first step.
- Good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (or with an application for OCT Certification in progress);
- As we are an English board, oral and written English proficiency is required;
- Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within six months);
- Occasional Teachers must be available for half or single day occasional teacher coverage on last minute notice.
How to Apply?
- Register/Login to amdsb.simplication.com
- Search Jobs
- Enter Job Code: 3547235
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Avon Maitland District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.
Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the contact information (email address and/or phone number) provided on the applicant’s amdsb.simplication.com profile page.
The Avon Maitland District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the diversity of the community we serve, who will foster the success and well-being of our students and who demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in the classroom.