Teacher Candidate (Elementary) - Emergency Supply
Location: AMDSB Elementary Schools [Stratford, St.Mary’s, Milverton, Listowel, Goderich, Exeter, Wingham]
Start Date: Immediate
Work Schedule: 10 Months/year (September - June) as required
Benefits of working as an Emergency Supply Elementary Teacher Candidate with the Avon Maitland District School Board:
- Obtain AMDSB classroom teaching experience with students in grades 1 through 8 while awaiting OCT certification;
- Flexible work, choose to work when it fits with your schedule;
- Opportunity to work in a Board where collaboration, inclusion, and innovation are fostered;
- Opportunity to work at a variety of schools in a variety of locations throughout Perth and Huron counties
The Avon Maitland District School Board is currently seeking Elementary (Grades K-8) Emergency Teacher Candidates to fill in for the daily absences of OCT certified classroom teachers. Emergency Teacher Candidates are notified on the day of the vacancy if no AMDSB OCT certified teacher is available.
Whether you are completing your B.Ed or are a certified teacher in another province, or internationally and awaiting certification by the OCT, this may be an opportunity for you to apply your training and experience in the classroom.
Prior to starting employment as an Emergency Supply Teacher Candidate with the AMDSB applicants will be:
- Currently registered in a Bachelor of Education program leading to OCT Certification or awaiting certification by the Ontario College of Teachers;
- The AMDSB is an English Board. For this reason proficiency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply?
- Register/Login to amdsb.simplication.com
- Search Jobs
- Job Code: 3323941
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Avon Maitland District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.
Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the contact information (email address and/or phone number) provided on the applicant’s amdsb.simplication.com profile page.
The Avon Maitland District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the diversity of the community we serve, who will foster the success and well-being of our students and who demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in the classroom.