Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE)(Long-Term Assignment or Daily Occasional)
- Minimum two-year community college Early Childhood Education diploma (or in the final year of the program)
- Proof of current registration with the Ontario College of early Childhood Educators (or in process)
- Recent experience as an ECE working in an Early Learning Centre or Day Care would be considered an asset
- Flexibility, patience, empathy and the ability to work closely with students with diverse needs, classroom teacher, and Administration
- Candidates must be capable of performing the essential physical duties of the position, such as lifting, positioning and transferring children and equipment
- Access to a reliable method of transportation and ability to attend specific schools
- Availability to accept assignments on a casual basis during the day and with short notice
Hours of Work: Call-in basis, Monday - Friday from September to June
Daily Rate: $20.18 per hour + vacation pay
Long Term Assignment Rate: $21.87 + vacation pay
How to Apply?
- Register/Login to amdsb.simplication.com
- Search Jobs
- Job Code: 3547268
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Avon Maitland District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.
Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the contact information (email address and/or phone number) provided on the applicant’s amdsb.simplication.com profile page.