Avon Maitland District School Board’s Connections program provides engaging, individualized educational opportunities for students with diverse learning needs who would benefit from an alternative learning environment.
- Support students to achieve academic and personal success in their chosen pathway.
- Provide the opportunity for students to develop skills and strategies that prepare them for their next steps after secondary school.
- Offer a community environment that supports individual student needs.
- Use a variety of delivery models combined with an understanding of unique student needs to assist students in achieving success.
Students will participate in a variety of learning models that will include a blend of:
- Face-to-face courses in the mainstream program
- eLearning courses delivered by subject qualified Connections teachers from across AMDSB
- eLearning courses through Avon Maitland Distance eLearning Centre
- Cooperative education courses
- Meet the attendance requirements as agreed upon during the intake process;
- Come to school prepared, on time and ready to learn;
- Actively participate in your own learning and connect regularly with teacher(s);
- Ask for help or support! We want you to succeed and we are here to help you;
- Follow the established expectations and take responsibility for your own actions; and,
- Comply with the School Code of Conduct.
Students/families interested in more information about and/or applying to the Connections program should contact the Student Services department at your school. As part of the application process, students/families will complete a personalized learning and attendance plan with your school Student Success team that will set out curricular and personal goals for the school year. Applications are reviewed by a team at the district level and the outcome of the application will be communicated to the student/family by the school team.