COVID-19 Information and Advisory
This page provides details about:
- Daily at home screening for students (click the black button below).
- The health and safety precautions that AMDSB schools have in place for the 2020-2021 school year. This is called the "AMDSB Back to School Plan" (click the black button below).
- COVID-19 management in AMDSB schools. The document called "COVID-19 Management in Schools" (black button below) outlines how probable and confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be handled in AMDSB schools.
- COVID-19 advisories including:
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases in our schools
- Closures of a classroom or school
- Communication to families (letters, Fact Sheets, etc. that have been sent to AMDSB families outlining information for the 2020/2021 school year)
- COVID-19 cases in Huron-Perth. This information is provided by Huron Perth Public Health.
Commitment to Self-Screening
Families in AMDSB are asked to screen their child every day before attending school in-person. The Public Health Agency of Canada has indicated that this is the most important factor in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Please click the black button below to access the online screening tool. **NOTE: this online tool was revised on January 18, 2021.
If you require a printed screening tool, please contact your school.
Need More Help on What to Do if Your Child Fails the Daily Screening?
Huron Perth Public Health has created a "Decision Tool for Parents". Click here to learn about what to do under different scenarios.
The AMDSB Back to School Plan is a "living document," which means changes will continue to be made regularly. As more information is learned, the document will be updated accordingly. Please refer to the document for answers to your questions. If you are looking for information that is not included in the plan, please contact us at COVIDquestions@ed.amdsb.ca.
Huron Perth Public Health also has a website dedicated to schools and has a "Frequently Asked Questions" section that may be of interest. Visit www.hpph.ca/schools for more details.
The AMDSB Back to School Plan is based on the Ministry of Education's Guide to Re-opening Schools.
COVID-19 Management in Schools
Click the black button below to learn more about how COVID-19 suspected and confirmed cases will be managed in our schools.
Please note that COVID-19 Management in Schools is a "living document," which means changes will continue to be made regularly. As more information is learned, the document will be updated accordingly.
The information below outlines the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, as well as the class and school closures. Only confirmed and active cases will be reported here and reported to the Ministry of Education.
**Note: This information is updated as soon as we receive the information and will be removed when the case is considered "resolved".
No active cases at this time.
Communication to Families (Letters, Fact Sheets, etc.)
Please click here to view the information that has been sent to families about the 2020/2021 school year.
COVID-19 in Huron and Perth Counties
To view community transmission data within Huron and Perth counties, visit the COVID-19 in Huron and Perth page on the Huron Perth Public Health website.