COVID-19 Information and Advisory
This page will be updated as we receive new information.
This page provides details about:
- AMDSB school's health and safety protocols to keep students and staff safe.
- The Ministry of Education's guidelines for handling cases of COVID-19 in schools.
- Active COVID-19 cases in AMDSB schools.
- The COVID-19 vaccine that is now approved for anyone 12 and over.
- Ventilation in AMDSB schools (strategy, investments and school by school overview).
- Vaccination status of AMDSB employees (aggregate data).
- Communication to families (overview of the main letters, etc. that families have been sent to date).
- COVID-19 cases in Huron-Perth. This information is provided by Huron Perth Public Health.
1. AMDSB School's Health and Safety Protocols
Learn more about what protocols we have in place for the 2021-2022 school year. We are implementing more rigorous guidelines than what the Ministry of Education has mandated based on advice from Huron Perth Public Health.
Wondering what to do if your child FAILS the Ontario School Screening? The Huron Perth Public Health Decision Tool for Parents can guide you on what to do next.
2. Ministry of Education COVID-19 Guidance: School Case, Contact, and Outbreak Management
On August 11, 2021 the Ministry of Education released the COVID-19 Guidance for school case, contact and outbreak management. We will follow this guidance along with that of Huron Perth Public Health should any cases occur in members of our school community.
3. Active Cases of COVID-19 in AMDSB Schools
Note: Only active cases that impact the school (or site) will be posted here (as determined by Huron Perth Public Health). Cases that are determined to be "non exposure" (i.e. the confirmed case was not in the school when HPPH determined them to be infectious) will not be listed.
Cases will be removed once they are considered 'resolved'.
|Date||School/Site||Number of Cases||Number of Class Closures||School Outbreak (Y/N)||School Closed (Y/N)|
|October 14, 2021||Mornington Central PS||1||1||N||N|
|October 14, 2021||Listowel District SS||1||0||N||N|
4. COVID-19 Vaccine Information
A letter from AMDSB and HPPH was sent to families on September 29, 2021 outlining the process that HPPH will use to understand student immunization status and coverage within classes and schools.
Dr. Miriam Klassen (Medical Officer of Health, Huron Perth Public Health) released a letter to families regarding the importance of COVID-19 vaccination on August 5, 2021.
Individuals turning 12 in 2021 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. The Ontario government has developed a webpage containing materials and information for youth vaccination. The Ontario Ministry of Health also has a website containing vaccine-relevant information.
Dr. Lauren Hayward answers COVID-19 vaccine questions in a series of videos (Huron Perth Public Health)
Answers to common questions about the Safety & Efficacy of COVID-19 Vaccines for Youth (Ministry of Health) (PDF opens in new tab)
5. Ventilation in AMDSB Schools
6. Vaccination Status of AMDSB Employees
|As of October 20, 2021||School Board Employees and Trustees||Occasional/ Temporary Board Employees||Other Individuals*|
|Total number of individuals to which the policy applies
||1836 (100%)||402 (100%)||376 (100%)|
|Total number of individuals who have attested to being fully vaccinated (with and without supporting documentation)
||1727 (94.06%)||376 (93.53%)||337 (89.63%)|
Total number of individuals who are partially vaccinated
|Total number of individuals who have provided a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated
||3 (0.16%)||0||1 (0.27%)|
|Total number of individuals who have not yet submitted an attestation form, if known
||11 (0.60%)||7 (1.74%)||9 (2.39%)|
**Other individuals include those frequently in schools or other settings who may have direct contact with students or staff (e.g. visitors, volunteers, contractors, other professionals and student transportation drivers).
This information will be updated as we receive new information.
For more information see our Staff COVID-19 Immunization Disclosure Procedure.
7. Communication to Families
We continue to keep our families up to date with changes. See the full list of emails that have been sent to date.
8. COVID-19 in Huron and Perth Counties
To view community transmission data within Huron and Perth counties, visit the COVID-19 in Huron and Perth page on the Huron Perth Public Health website.