Board Meeting Highlights - November 15, 2022 (Inaugural Meeting)
Nancy Rothwell and Michael Bannerman Elected as Chair and Vice-chair
Congratulations to Trustee Nancy Rothwell (North Perth) and Trustee Michael Bannerman (Stratford) as they were elected by the board as Chair and Vice-chair for 2023 (respectively). Bruce Whitaker was elected as the Ontario Public School Board Association (OPBSA) representative and Deborah Logue as the alternate delegate.
A warm welcome to our new and returning board members as they have been sworn in and now officially begin their roles. Learn more about our trustees on our Meet our Trustees page and follow us on social media as we post information about each of them in the coming days.
Director Walsh and the senior team provided an overview of the committees that require trustee representation. Each trustee will have the opportunity to volunteer for those that are of interest to them.
Future Board Meetings
Meetings that include Regular Sessions will be hosted in person at the Education Centre in Seaforth (62 Chalk St. N.) with the option for connecting online. Members of the public are welcome to attend the Regular Board Meeting sessions (in person or online). Meeting details (including online meeting links and agenda packages) are posted on the Board Meeting page.
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022: Committee of the Whole, Closed Session at 4:45 p.m. and Regular Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022: Committee of the Whole, Closed Session at 4:45 p.m. and Regular Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Future Meetings/Events with Trustee Representation
- Equity Steering Committee – Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- Trustee Orientation – Tuesday, November 22, 2022
- Joint Health & Safety Committee – Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
- Supervised Alternative Learning – Monday, November 28, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
- Indigenous Education Advisory Committee – Monday, November 28, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
- Environment Committee – December 1, 2022
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.