These supply/casual call-in positions as well as temporary long-term supply positions may occur at various schools located in Huron and Perth Counties.
The Supply Custodian duties may include:
- Change lights;
- Shovel snow and operate snow blower;
- Operate grass cutting equipment;
- Perform minor repairs;
- Conduct health and safety checks;
- Operate and maintain all cleaning equipment;
- Perform all minor and major cleaning; and
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma or GED equivalent
The ideal candidate should possess:
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding;
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in one or more of the trade disciplines eg. plumbing, electrical, carpentry;
- Exemplary interpersonal, professional and organizational skills;
- The ability to use a computer eg. Google Suite; Smart Find, etc.
- Experience in handling machinery i.e. buffing machine, lawn mowers, snow blowers; and
- Knowledge of proper usage of hazardous chemicals and cleaning supplies.
Temporary and Supply Custodians
Rate of Pay: $18.13 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume to the Avon Maitland District School Board via email to the address below.
Subject: Supply Custodian position
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to engage qualified staff who reflect diversity. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note - A criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process. We thank those who submit a resume and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.