There are openings for two (2) Summer Students
These are contract positions and all deliverables of the position must be met in order to be awarded the contract. Upon
successful completion of the deliverables, students will be remunerated in the amount of $2500 inclusive of 4% vacation
pay. It will be expected that the summer students would be available to begin work by Monday, July 6th and have work
completed by August 24th.
Are you a student who has a passion for history?
We are looking for students with strong organizational skills and an interest in history. We are looking for students to
support the Stratford Transformation Committee as we develop mechanisms to honour the legacy of our Stratford
Summer Student contract deliverables include:
- Summer students will work collaboratively with staff from the Perth Archives and the Stratford Perth Museum to
categorize and collate an inventory of the memorabilia housed at the former Stratford Central Secondary School.
- Summer students will collaborate with partners to digitize the memorabilia.
- Summer students will work with the archivists to appropriately prepare artefacts for storage.
- Summer students will develop plans to display the artefacts.
- Summer students will create a digital story of the process, and will share this story with the Stratford
Transformation Committee at the end of August.
- Registered to return to full time schooling in the Fall;
- Interest and passion for history;
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and cooperatively as part of a team;
- Familiarity with the use of technology to gather digital records and create digital stories would be considered an
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills; and
- Understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume to email@example.com no
later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30th .
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to engage qualified staff
who reflect diversity. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds,
to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note - We thank those who submit a resume and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a
Dr. Lisa Walsh Lynette Geddes
Director of Education Chair