Critical Systems Analyst
There is an opening for a full-time Critical Systems Analyst at the Learning Resource Centre in Clinton, Ontario, effective immediately
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Administrator of Information Technology Services, the Critical System Analyst will ensure the stability, integrity and security of all AMDSB Central Data Centre operations and Domain Services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing core operational requirements within the organization. The Critical System Analyst will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all database systems, terminal services, web services, virtual environment, SAN, network hardware, and core business systems. Critical System Analysts will be responsible for aspects of information security technologies, address any vulnerabilities or breaches, and conduct forensic audits of employee and student computing devices as needed
- Responsible for all aspects of design, replication, administration and interoperability with VMware, AIX, Linux, Windows Data Centre operations and Active Directory Domain Services
- Responsible for the build, installation, configuration and maintenance of VMware products including ESXi servers, HA clusters and Virtual Center. Provide advanced and proactive troubleshooting and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure. Responsible for the implementation and operational support of all aspects of our primary and secondary Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the Board’s Active Directory infrastructure and the highest level (forest), and administer the following: network schema; domain implementation; forest to forest trusts; active directory capacity planning;
- Support operational guidelines, policies, and procedures for incident and problem management;
- Configure, monitor and troubleshoot networks, mail services and the Board’s G-Suite cloud to ensure - smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling Board objectives and processes
- Ability to independently review complex technical architectures and determine the best proactive approach to obtaining and maintaining strong IT security posture (e.g. routine maintenance tasks, proactive testing and implementation of patches/ updates).
- Conduct routine security audits on all systems (servers, networks, computing devices), and identify any actual or potential breaches of security or policy/law
- Conduct security audits and analysis including vulnerability testing (ethical hacking).
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with drafting security policies, conducting security investigations, understanding current hacking techniques and mitigating actions
- Conduct digital investigations incorporating computer and network forensic investigations, e-disclosure, computer security incident response
- Support the Board’s HRIS, Finance, and other central core applications
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
- 3-year College Diploma in computer studies or related discipline. Equivalent relevant experience would be considered
- Microsoft MCITP (MCSE) an asset
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience administering, managing, and maintaining a G-Suite environment
- Strong knowledge of essential security systems such as firewall, IDS/IPS, URL filtering, vulnerability scanners, penetration testing and file integrity monitoring as well as a working knowledge of Fortinet firewalls, Solar Winds and G-Suite Domain environments
- Strong knowledge of network technologies, protocols, design concepts, monitoring tools and troubleshooting
- Minimum three years of administration experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory 2016
- Minimum three years of administration, maintenance and development experience with Microsoft SQL 2012-16
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services and Forefront Identity management
- Experience supporting virtualized environment using VMWare and conducting performance/security analyses
- Demonstrated belief in customer service excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and work efficiently with a diverse group of stakeholders
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week – permanent non-union 12-month position
Rate of Pay: In accordance with the Terms and conditions of Employment for Non-Union, Management, Administrative and Supervisory Employees, Grid Level 5
Effective Date: Immediately
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume providing a complete summary of the candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the name, address and phone number of three work-related references, by email to the address below prior to 4:00 pm on Friday, July 17, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
Critical System Analyst Job Competition
Avon Maitland District School Board
AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to engage qualified staff who reflect diversity. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note: A satisfactory criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process.
Dr. Lisa Walsh Lynette Geddes
Director of Education Chair