Emergency Support Staff (Daily Occasional)
If you don't think you meet the educational requirements for our Educational Assistant and/or Early Childhood Educator positions but are still interested in and/or passionate about supporting students in our schools, apply today to be an emergency support staff member!
Emergency support staff fill in for daily unfilled absences of Educational Assistants and Early Childhood Educators throughout the district in our elementary and secondary schools.
Successful applicants will be able to indicate the school(s) within AMDSB they are willing to travel to and will be set up through an automated callout system to accept assignments as they come available at the schools they’ve indicated.
Emergency Support Staff will be required to:
- Provide indoor and outdoor monitoring of students during non-classroom break periods
- Support students during instructional time
- Support conflict resolution by encouraging positive communications and cooperative problem-solving
- Communicate with teachers or administrators as needed in order to seek assistance to resolve identified issues.
- Uphold the school’s code of conduct and safety policies
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma although preferred candidates would possess related post-secondary education or are currently completing related post-secondary training such as EA, SSW, DSW, CYC, ECE
- Experience working with children
- Ability to ensure safety and security of students
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents/guardians as related to position
- Ability to respond to situations and willingness to work with students with different needs and capabilities
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information in a circumspect manner
- Current training in behaviour management systems (ie BMS, NCVI or CPI) are assets
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of Work: Casual/Call-in basis, Monday - Friday, from September to June (10 months)
Compensation: Daily Rate $19.45 per hour + vacation pay (EA) and $18.89 per hour + vacation pay (ECE)
How to Apply?
- Register/Login to amdsb.simplication.com
- Search Jobs
- Job Code: 3547347
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Avon Maitland District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.
Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the contact information (email address and/or phone number) provided on the applicant’s amdsb.simplication.com profile page.
The Avon Maitland District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, who will foster the success and well-being of our students and who demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in the classroom.