COVID-19 Information and Advisory
This page provides details about:
- The health and safety precautions that AMDSB schools have in place for the 2020-2021 school year. This is called the "AMDSB Back to School Plan" (click the red button below). Details about daily student at-home screening is also provided.
- COVID-19 management in AMDSB schools. The document called "COVID-19 Management in Schools" (click the blue button below) outlines how probable and confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be handled in AMDSB schools.
- COVID-19 advisories including:
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases in our schools
- Closures of a classroom or school
- Communication to families (letters, Fact Sheets, etc. that have been sent to AMDSB families outlining information for the 2020/2021 school year)
- COVID-19 cases in Huron-Perth. This information is provided by Huron Perth Public Health.
The AMDSB Back to School Plan is a "living document," which means changes will continue to be made regularly. As more information is learned, the document will be updated accordingly. Please refer to the document for answers to your questions. If you are looking for information that is not included in the plan, please contact us at COVIDquestions@ed.amdsb.ca.
Huron Perth Public Health also has a website dedicated to schools and has a "Frequently Asked Questions" section that may be of interest. Visit www.hpph.ca/schools for more details.
The AMDSB Back to School Plan is based on the Ministry of Education's Guide to Re-opening Schools.
Commitment to Self-Screening
Families in AMDSB are asked to screen their child every day before attending school in-person. The Public Health Agency of Canada has indicated that this is the most important factor in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Please use the Online School Screening tool (Ontario). If you require a printed screening tool, please contact our Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Management in Schools
Click the blue button below to learn more about how COVID-19 suspected and confirmed cases will be managed in our schools.
|COVID-19 Management in Schools|
Please note that COVID-19 Management in Schools is a "living document," which means changes will continue to be made regularly. As more information is learned, the document will be updated accordingly.
The table below outlines the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, as well as the class and school closures. Please note: a positive test result does not necessarily mean a confirmed case. Only confirmed cases will be reported here and reported to the Ministry of Education.
**Note: This information is updated as soon as we receive the information.
|School Name||# of confirmed COVID-19 cases||# of class closures||School closed (Y/N)|
Communication to Families (Letters, Fact Sheets, etc.)
Please click here to view the information that has been sent to families about the 2020/2021 school year.
COVID-19 in Huron and Perth Counties
To view community transmission data within Huron and Perth counties, visit the COVID-19 in Huron and Perth page on the Huron Perth Public Health website.